Preventative Maintenance. What comes to mind when you think of those two words?
Do you think about filter change outs and fan belt replacements?
There is so much more to maintaining a BAS then the traditional HVAC maintenance activities.
If you’ve been looking to take your BAS’s performance to the next level then this episode is definitely for you. By the end of this episode, you’ll have a series of maintenance activities that will result in massive time and energy savings for you.
Preventive Maintenance and a BAS?
Yep, despite the rumors you may have heard, there is much more to maintaining a BAS then filter changes and fan belt replacements
But what activities should you focus on when you are maintaining a BAS? I address those exact questions in this episode. In this episode you’ll learn:
- The pending disaster – How not backing up your database is like playing Russian Roulette with your BAS (5:14)
- Is this thing even on? – Why you should be tuning your PI loops to avoid windup (7:20)
- 312 Degrees in January? – How regular sensor calibration is a must for all BAS (13:30)
- Trust but verify- Why you need to be verifying that your control devices are actually controlling… (16:48)
- Is anyone home – Adjusting your schedules to actually control to occupancy (19:24)
- Operator overridden- How to avoid a self-imposed energy suck (22:55)
- Alarm tuning – The secret method for wrangling in out of control alarms (24:50)
- What’s in a name?- How using naming standards will make your BAS sooo much better (29:02)