BUILDING AUTOMATION FUNDAMENTALS
Format: Online, on-demand
Length ~ 11 hours
You don’t know what you don’t know. Or at least that’s how the saying goes…
But what if you could know what you don’t know. What if there was a program that would teach you the fundamentals of Building Automation so that you could hit the ground running from day one? What would that do for your career?
Can you imagine how much faster you would be able to start contributing to your team? It’s no secret that experience building automation professionals are leaving this industry faster then we can replace them. The problem is how can you rapidly learn what you need, without spending years in the field or months in the classroom?
My friends Building Automation Fundamentals is the answer.
Building Automation Fundamentals is the online training program dedicated to massively grow your knowledge of Building Automation.
Taught by seasoned course creator, Phil Zito, the Author of Building Automation Systems A to Z and former manager of the Technical Integration Program for Johnson Controls. Phil brings his wealth of knowledge to you in easy to understand short videos that you can access from the comfort of your own home.
If you’ve been looking to learn Building Automation, then BAS Fundamentals is your solution.
BAS Fundamentals will help you to:
- Easily explain and understand building automation concepts so you can provide immediate value to your team and customers
- Intuitively understand how the different aspects of a BAS work, so you can make the right recommendations on your projects or sales calls
- Realize the power of the capabilities that exist within a BAS, so you can help your customers achieve the outcomes they desire
- Speak the language of controls, so that you can immediately be effective on your projects
- Become fluent in IT, learn the fundamental aspects of IT and why they matter for a BAS professional
- Unlock the mystery of construction documentation, and learn to spot landmines that could derail your projects
- And much more…
6 Core Modules
Who’s This Program For:
This program is for new building automation technicians, managers, and salespersons who are looking to gain a solid foundation of building automation. This course is also perfect for building operators, specifying engineers, project managers, and any other professional who wants’s to grow in their understanding of building automation.
Hi, my name is Phil Zito and I’m your instructor for this course. I’ve got an extensive background in BAS and IT, but my real superpower is taking complex topics and turning making those topics easy to understand.
A little about myself, I’ve been in the BAS world for over a decade. Prior teaching fulltime I was responsible for managing the Technical Integration Program for Johnson Controls where I worked on some of the most complex integration projects in the world. Over my career, I’ve been in a variety of roles to include: field install and service, operations management, sales, and program management.
I’ve got a variety of certifications and education in BAS, Energy Management, Sales, and IT.
But what is most important is that I have over 1,300+ students who are doing amazing things after going through my training. I will help you be massively successful in your BAS career.
BAS Fundamentals is affordable no matter who you are. I offer a three-tier pricing model that fits any budget so you can get access to the best online BAS training.
You can learn the fundamentals of BAS from the comfort of your home or office for just $997 per person. This single-user license grants lifetime access to 12 hours of online content, plus the course materials and follow-up bonus content outlined below.
- 6 Core Modules
- Course Workbook
Program Format and Bonuses:
- Lifetime access to the video and audio recordings of the 12 hours of online BAS training
- Access to the special live office hours, where you can ask any questions you have about the course (a $1,200 value)
- The course workbook designed to guide you through each individual lesson in the course.
- A Certificate of Completion (awarded at training completion)
- Access to 6 bonus modules if you want to dive even deeper (Value $1,782)
Here’s how it will work…
- Easy-to-view modules. I came from the field, I know how things are. This online course was recorded with you in mind. You will be able to access each lesson via the course site. And to make things even better you can download the audio and video of each course so you can learn whether your sitting in traffic or on the bucket!
- Lifetime Access to Online/On-demand training. Students can experience the program at any desired pace. For example, students might view the course all in one sitting or one lesson each night. Since the course is self-paced your learning can fit your lifestyle. Just try to find this flexibility anywhere else, trust me you won’t.
- Exactly What You Need to Know, No More, No Less. I’ve spent over 150+ hours crafting this course to teach you exactly what you need to know about building automation There is zero-fluff, zero-wasted time, and 100% learning.
- Certificate of Completion. Students who complete all 15 modules of the training course will receive a Certificate of Completion. Our Online Learning Management System allows students to easily track their progress, and resume right where they left off, to facilitate an effective and enjoyable online learning experience.
- Ongoing “live” office hours. You will have full access to live office hours where you and fellow students can pop in and ask any questions you want. You’ll also be able to access the recordings of all the past office hour sessions.
- Cost-effective as well as time-efficient. The tuition for this online course is just $997 per person, which includes all the benefits outlined above. If you tried to learn everything you learn the fundamentals of BAS you would spend 10’s of thousands traveling to different classes and would miss months of work.
- Terms. Registrants for this course are purchasing an individual, single-user, license to view the online course. Multiple individuals may view the online course in a group setting provided that each person in the group has properly registered and paid for an individual license to view this course.
What BAS trends are and how they work
Building Automation Fundamentals will teach you what you need to know about BAS
Entering the BAS field is one of the hardest things to do. Not because learning BAS is technically challenge but because of the lack of quality training. Sure you could go to a three-year trade school or spend 5 years in the field “picking up” BAS. But why?
Why spend all of that time to learn BAS when I’ve provided the first step right here. With BAS Fundamentals you will learn the foundational knowledge that you need to enter into the world of BAS. Will BAS Fundamentals make you a BAS expert?
Will it give you what you need to know to start your BAS career?
Check out the details of the program below.
M-1 Overview of Building Automation Systems
- Lesson 1: What is a BAS
M-2 Building Automation Hardware
- Lesson 1: Supervisory Devices
- Lesson 2: Field Trunks
- Lesson 3: Field Controllers
- Lesson 4: Input Devices
- Lesson 5: Output Devices
M-3 Building Automation Servers and Clients
- Lesson 1: What is a server
- Lesson 2: Web Server
- Lesson 3: Application Server
- Lesson 4: Database Server
- Lesson 5: Clients
- Lesson 6: Operator Work Station
M-4 BAS Points
- Lesson 1: What are BAS Points
- Lesson 2: Trends
- Lesson 3: Alarms
- Lesson 4: Point Naming Strategies
M-5 User Interfaces
- Lesson 1: What is a user interface
- Lesson 2: Reports
- Lesson 3: Graphics
- Lesson 4: Schedules
M-6 Building Automation System Architectures
- Lesson 1: What is an architecture
- Lesson 2: Four-Tier
- Lesson 3: Three-Tier IP & Non-IP
M-7 Control System Types
- Lesson 1: What is a control system?
- Lesson 2: Pneumatics
- Lesson 3: Analog
- Lesson 4: Electro-Mechanical
- Lesson 5: Direct Digital Control
M-8 Common Control Modes
- Lesson 1: What is a Control Mode?
- Lesson 2: On | Off
- Lesson 3: Sequenced
- Lesson 4: Floating
- Lesson 5: Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- Lesson 6: Proportional
- Lesson 7: Proportional Integral
- Lesson 8: Proportional Integral Derivative
M-9 Building Automation System Protocols
- Lesson 1: Whats a protocol?
- Lesson 2: BACnet, LON, and Modbus
M-10 The three types of controls work
- Lesson 1: The three types of controls work
- Lesson 2: Installation flow
- Lesson 3: Service and retrofit
- Lesson 4: Operating and maintaining
M-11 Wires, circuits, relays, and safeties
- Lesson 1: Intro to electricity
- Lesson 2: A deeper dive into wiring
- Lesson 3: Relays and circuits
- Lesson 4: Common safties
M-12 IT parts and pieces
- Lesson 1: This is a computer
- Lesson 2: Network basics
- Lesson 3: Databases
- Lesson 4: Virtual machines and servers
- Lesson 5: Remote connections
M-13 Construction documents
- Lesson 1: What are the construction documents?
- Lesson 2: Reading plans
- Lesson 3: Reading specs
- Lesson 4: BAS design documents
Module 14: T&B and CxA Overview
- Lesson 1: A deeper dive into the project process
- Lesson 2: What is Test and Balance
- Lesson 3: What is Commissioning
Module 15: The Basics of Integration
- Lesson 1: What is integration?
- Lesson 2: A look at a simple integration example
Registrations for this training are single-user only. For assistance registering a group, contact us at (262) 342-6172 or email@example.com.