DESIGN FOR BAS PROFESSIONALS
Format: Online, on-demand
Length ~ 10 hours
Rejected submittals, unclear installation instructions, material overruns, and functional test failures. These are clear signs of a failure in the design process.
But the problem is that no one teaches the design process. Because of this each year, thousands of technicians, designers, programmers, and project managers have projects that cost them more to execute then they made on the project.
Having a profitable project is possible. I know because I’ve run a $60M/yr operations team that was executing 120+ projects at any given time. The challenge is finding someone who can train you on the design process. And I’ve got great news, Design for BAS Professionals is your answer!
Design for BAS Professionals is an online, self-paced course, where you will learn to create a full-blown controls submittal from scratch. This course is full of templates, checklists, and processes to guide you to successful submittals, that get approved the FIRST TIME!
In Design for BAS Pros you will learn:
- The four-phase design process that no-one else is teaching, understand this and your designs will always be on time!
- Exactly where to look for gotchas and landmines in a specification and scope of work.
- The one simple trick that will make your controller wiring diagrams ridiculously easy to understand
- The simple step, that when done, will greatly increase your submittal acceptance rate
- The simple 3 step strategy I use to eliminate redline confusion
- Futureproof your design abilities by learning how to adjust your designs for the new requirements of IP enabled controls
- Strategies for working with existing designs, even if you have access to absolutely no documentation.
- The biggest mistake people make when designing to scale and how you can avoid it
- And much more…
Who’s This Program For:
This program is for building automation technicians, designers, programmers, project managers, and salespersons who are looking to grow their ability to scope and design building automation submittals. This course is also perfect for building operators, specifying engineers, project managers, and any other professional who wants’s to grow in their understanding of how a building automation system is designed.
This course assumes that the student has a working knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
Hi, my name is Phil Zito and I’m your instructor for this course. I’ve got an extensive background in BAS and IT, but my real superpower is taking complex topics and turning making those topics easy to understand.
A little about myself, I’ve been in the BAS world for over a decade. Prior teaching fulltime I was responsible for managing the Technical Integration Program for Johnson Controls where I worked on some of the most complex integration projects in the world. Over my career, I’ve been in a variety of roles to include: field install and service, operations management, sales, and program management.
I’ve got a variety of certifications and education in BAS, Energy Management, Sales, and IT.
But what is most important is that I have over 1,000+ students who are doing amazing things after going through my training. I will help you master the BAS Design process and massively increase the profitability of your BAS projects.
You can learn how to design a BAS from the comfort of your home or office for just $997 per person. This single-user license grants lifetime access to 10 hours of online content, plus the course materials and follow-up bonus content outlined below.
Program Format and Bonuses:
- Lifetime access to the video and audio recordings of the 10 hours of online design training
- Access to the special live office hours, where you can ask any questions you have about the course (Value$1,200)
- The course workbook designed to guide you through each individual lesson in the course.
- Powerful fill-in-the-blank templates, includes design templates, checklists, and worksheets (Value $900)
- Bonus Advanced Design Strategies Module (Value $297)
- A Certificate of Completion (awarded at training completion)
Here’s how it will work…
- Easy-to-view modules. I came from the field, I know how things are. This online course was recorded with you in mind. You will be able to access each lesson via the course site. And to make things even better you can download the audio and video of each course so you can learn whether your sitting in traffic or on the bucket!
- Lifetime Access to Online/On-demand training. Students can experience the program at any desired pace. For example, students might view the course all in one sitting or one lesson each night. Since the course is self-paced your learning can fit your lifestyle. Just try to find this flexibility anywhere else, trust me you won’t.
- Exactly What You Need to Know, No More, No Less. I’ve spent over 250+ hours crafting this course to teach you exactly what you need to know about design. There is zero-fluff, zero-wasted time, and 100% learning.
- Certificate of Completion. Students who complete all 6 modules of the training course will receive a Certificate of Completion. Our Online Learning Management System allows students to easily track their progress, and resume right where they left off, to facilitate an effective and enjoyable online learning experience.
- Ongoing “live” office hours. You will have full access to live office hours where you and fellow students can pop in and ask any questions you want. You’ll also be able to access the recordings of all the past office hour sessions.
- Cost-effective as well as time-efficient. The tuition for this online course is just $997 per person, which includes all the benefits outlined above. If you tried to learn everything you learn in Design for BAS Pros you would spend 10’s of thousands traveling to different classes and would miss weeks of work.
- Terms. Registrants for this course are purchasing an individual, single-user, license to view the online course. Multiple individuals may view the online course in a group setting provided that each person in the group has properly registered and paid for an individual license to view this course.
How to create a network riser
Design for BAS Professionals is unlike any course you’ve ever attended…
Let’s face it, if you want to learn how to design a BAS you’ve really got two choices. Find a four-year college program that teaches you building automation systems or learn through trial and error on the job. I mean are you serious? Does anyone else think that it’s a little ridiculous that this is the most important part of the BAS process and those are the only two places you can learn how to create a BAS design?
Well, if you feel the same way I do, then you’re not alone. Students of Design for BAS Pros reject the ideas of spending years in the field or years in school. They realize that if they apply themselves they can learn the design process in less than two days.
Here’s the reality, the way BAS professionals are learning design doesn’t work. If it was working why are there so many horrible designs which result in horribly non-functional installations?
Design is the single skill that once learned will have MASSIVE results in your career. A good designer can easily create 10x the amount designs of a “average” designer.
Design for BAS Pros will make you an amazing designer. You will learn a step-by-step process for creating a design that you can instantly apply and see results.
When you leave Design for BAS Pros you will know what you need to succeed.
Core: The Foundations
- Lesson 1: What is a BAS Design
- Lesson 2: The Inputs to a BAS Design
- Lesson 3: The life-cyle of a design
- Lesson 4: The Outputs of a BAS Design
Phase 1: Initiating the Design
- Lesson 1: Scoping the Project
- Lesson 2: The sales
Phase 2: Creating the Design
- Lesson 1: The Design Process
- Lesson 2: Reviewing the Inputs
- Lesson 3: The RFI RFC Process
- Lesson 4: Creating the Controls Network Riser
- Lesson 5: Creating the System Drawings
- Lesson 6: Creating the Controller Drawing
- Lesson 7: Creating the Electrical Details
- Lesson 8: Creating the Bill of Materials
Phase 3: Modifying the Design
- Lesson 1: The Submittal Process
- Lesson 2: Packaging up your submittal
- Lesson 3: Processing Feedback
- Lesson 4: Final Submittal
Phase 4: Closing out the Design
- Lesson 1: The closeout process
- Lesson 2: Creating Point-to-Point Checkout documents
- Lesson 3: Functional Test Sheets
- Lesson 4: Creating and Consolidating Redlines
- Lesson 5: The As-Built process
- Lesson 6: Creating As-Builts
Advanced Design Strategies
- Lesson 1: Designing to Scale
- Lesson 2: How to design a BAS IP Controls Network
- Lesson 3: Integration Techniques and Strategies
- Lesson 4: Adjusting existing designs
- Lesson 5: Working without info (what to do)?
- Lesson 6: When to replace existing controls
Registrations for this training are single-user only. For assistance registering a group, contact us at (262) 342-6172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I was not sure how I would learn the design phase from start to finish. After taking this course I have an excellent understanding of how the design process should be handled. This course is an excellent way to learn the design process.Jay VanConey
I felt that I knew little about BAS Design, the sales to ops handoff process, and everything that it takes to create a BAS design. I also didn’t know much about the submittal process and closing out the design, so the entire course was very helpful and informative about the entire BAS process.I feel more prepared to take on projects and I have a better understanding of the entire process that is required once I am awarded a project.Shea Dewald
I felt lost and blind before joining Design for BAS Professionals. Phil’s course helped prepare me for the method to the madness approach when I walk up to a system. I now have a great understanding of how systems are designed. The knowledge I’ve gained has put me ahead of my peers.Albert Rendahl