How would you setup 1,000 BACnet/IP devices? Would you know what to ask IT? Would you know how to troubleshoot these devices if something went wrong? How would you support all these devices?
The amount of BACnet/IP devices being installed is increasingly daily. Unfortunately the understanding and knowledge of BACnet/IP is not!
That’s why in this episode you are going to learn BACnet/IP. By the time you finish this episode you will:
- Understand the top questions to answer when designing and deploying BACnet/IP networks
- How BACnet/IP devices are unique and the little know nuances to installing BACnet/IP devices
- The 5 questions you must be able to answer on every new BACnet/IP installation
- The most common problems with BACnet/IP and how you can easily troubleshoot it.
Listen to the episode below.
- What is different with BACnet/IP (1:50)
- How the lack of IT knowledge is keeping you unsuccessful (3:45)
- Why the lack of IT training options is holding back the BAS industry (4:50)
- The impact of large-scale BACnet/IP networks (6:30)
- How BACnet/IP communicates (7:45)
- The two stacks of BACnet awesomeness (10:15)
- The two BACnet addressing schemes (12:40)
- How do broadcasts work in BACnet/IP (15:25)
- Why the BBMD is the most useful part of BACnet/IP (16:40)
- How to add new BACnet/IP devices (19:20)
- The step-by-step process to adding new BACnet/IP devices (20:15)
- The top questions you need to ask when working with BACnet/IP (22:25)
- How to easily deal with an IT group that won’t give you static IP addresses (25:10)
- Common BACnet/IP troubleshooting strategies (26:45)
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Information Technology for BAS Professionals Online Course
- BAS Protocol Bootcamp Premium Online Course
- BAM TV YouTube Show
- The OSI Model
- The definitive guide to BACnet
- BAM 116: How BACnet integrations really work part 1
- BAM 117: How BACnet integrations really work part 2