How do wireless networks work with building automation systems?
If you’ve found yourself asking this question then you’re not alone.
Wireless technology seems to bring with it a lot of benefits but yet wireless technology still is seeing slow adoption rates. Why?
In this episode, we discuss the four most common wireless technologies used with a building automation system.
We will discuss the pros and cons of each technology along with when you would use each technology.
Wireless Technologies and Building Automation
- Why is wireless still not receiving the love it deserves? (0:45)
- Why Wi-Fi is the most common wireless technology (4:02)
- The benefit of using mesh networking with your BAS (13:12)
- How cellular connections deliver an always-on building network (17:20)
- The solution to monitoring distant devices (19:24)
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free IT Mini Course
- Information Technology for BAS Professionals Online Course
- BAM 119: IT Networking for BAS Pros – Part 1
- BAM 120: IT Networking for BAS Pros – Part 2
- BAM 121: IT Networking for BAS Pros – Part 3
- BAM 122: IT Networking for BAS Pros – Part 4