How do you interview a building automation candidate? Do you simply stick them in a room and hope you make the right choice?
What if there was a way that you could verify that the person you are hiring actually has the skills they say they have on paper?
In this episode, we lay out the 5 keys to successfully interviewing a BAS Candidate.
5 Keys to Interviewing a BAS Candidate
- The importance of deciding on the key task you are hiring for (3:40)
- What are the supporting skills for your key tasks? (6:47)
- Three examples of key task and supporting skill alignment (7:27)
- Why you must develop exercises to test for your key tasks (12:10)
- Using homework to find out if your new hire is internally motivated (10:27)
- How the ability to research will make or break a BAS professional (17:10)
- The power of consistency to develop a candidate profile (19:05)
Resources mentioned in this episode