How do you perform a takeoff?
How do you ensure that you have the most competitive proposal when bid day comes?
In this episode, we tackle the topic of takeoffs. You will learn 5 steps for quickly creating competitive proposals.
5 Steps for Creating Profitable Proposals
- What are takeoffs? (1:59)
- The importance of understanding “the job” (3:01)
- How not reading the spec can cost you the sale (4:48)
- Why you must know the engineer (6:32)
- How to use the project documents to your advantage (9:12)
- The danger of logical failures (11:20)
- Determining efficiencies that can win you the job (15:41)
- How to counter a ridiculously low price (18:05)
- Why you don’t have to be perfect but you do have to be great (20:15)
Resources mentioned in this episode