When you read the words energy efficiency what do you think of?
If you’re like most people you may think of long drawn out energy projects, trying to work with utilities to get rebates, and then having to do complex math and formulas to justify it all.
But what if I told you that there were several easy changes that you could make that would instantly increase the energy efficiency of your buildings?
Would that be something that would be valuable to you?
If you then make sure you listen to Episode 94 of the Building Automation Monthly Podcast
Energy Efficiency Without the Hassle
In this episode, I am going to give you 10 strategies you can use right now to increase the energy efficiency of your buildings.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Is it time yet? – Saving energy by making sure your schedules are accurate (1:00)
- Seasons are a changing… – Why you need to set the proper changeover temperatures for your systems (4:45)
- System Overridden – How overrides can destroy your system efficiency and performance (6:07)
- Heat it up to cool it down…- What to do in order to cure simultaneous heating and cooling (7:01)
- The winds are a blowing… – Why leaking dampers can destroy your efficiency and what to do about them (10:20)
- Are you in hand?- What to do, to find and avoid manual overrides (12:35)
- Switched on, save money – How using filter switches to determine if your system is at its full efficiency (14:30)
- Is this thing even on?- Why sensor accuracy can make or break your systems (15:50)
- Reset your way to savings – You need to be resetting your set-points and here’s why (18:40)
- Is it wet outside?- How factoring enthalpy into your economizer control can have huge impacts on your energy efficiency (20:15)